Membership in the Medical Alumni Association (MAA) is free and conferred automatically upon graduation from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. Members of the Executive Board are dedicated alumni volunteers who help to carry out the MAA's mission to:
- Advance the cause of medical education and health while promoting active involvement in the life of the school and enriching the lives of students
- Promote and uphold Pitt Med traditions including Scope and Scalpel, Murmurs, the award-winning Pitt Med magazine and the Senior Yearbook
- Facilitate acquaintance and camaraderie among members of the society and the student body of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine through patricipation in our daily student coffee, scholarship, resource, and travel funding
- Provide a forum for interaction and celebration of achievement by hosting the Philip S. Hench Distinguished Alumnus Award, William S. McEllroy Distinguished Resident Award, Senior Class Graduation Luncheon, White Coat Ceremony and Reception, and Medical Alumni Weekend
- Support and encourage others to support the University of PIttsburgh School of Medicine and the Medical Alumni Association through annual giving and special fundraising campaigns. Gifts from alumni provide support for scholarships, research projects, a low-interest loan fund, summer work experiences, and social events for current medical students
The mission of the Medical Alumni Association (MAA) is to advance the pursuit of medical education and encourage lifelong scientific curiosity in all that attend the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.